Thursday, July 10, 2008

Loneliness

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with me. I'm not lonely! :P


I was all alone, drowned in solitude, engulfed in my blues,
And I failed to see all those beautiful hues.
I was safe! Huddled with myself in my heavy silence,
I believed it was my prudence.
Darkness glowed everywhere,
There wasn’t but a single flare.
I fell in love with the shadow,
Everything else I forgo.
But my soul began to ache with the gloom,
I was digging up my own tomb.
There was a longing to break out of that dark shell,
And unknown to me it wanted to rebel.
I saw a hand reaching out to me,
Which, all this while I was blinded to see.
It was the ray of hope, and that of joy,
That called on me to open up and enjoy.
Sunshine burst in through that little rift,
And spread out quick and swift.
I wanted to rein that destined throne,
Though in the end, I knew, I will be all alone.


Not much of a painting, but it's mine!

5 Comments:

  1. Ken said...
    beautiful painting... very expressive! I could perceive a lot from that. And, a real good set of lines adding to the picture! First, I see it as the man-on-the-moon pareidolia... someone reaching out from the brightness as we see, but actually is just a reflection of a brighter source. Or, even as your soul sitting in the corner of a polluted heart with the flower, hoping to illuminate all the darkness. It reminded me of the song 'hey you' by floyd --- my favourite rock band!

    coming to the poem -

    "I fell in love with the shadow,
    Everything else I forgo."


    these lines are so expressive; I see it as falling in love with your only true companion and a very real one. beautiful!
    Anonymous said...
    The painting is really good, its got the depth(as in 3d) to express solitude... but I didn't understand the significance of the flower?
    Unknown said...
    @sparsham

    The flower signifies the longing to move out of the shadow
    Anonymous said...
    @ preethi: to me it looks like a person who just broke up, and is holding the flower in solitude(probably thinking about his love).
    Neways, its the artist's thought that matters... ;)
    Unknown said...
    @Sparsham:
    I am glad it made you think of something.. Everybody's perception is different :)

Post a Comment